The Alpha One Foundation is pleased to announce participation in the MRCG-HRB Joint Funding Scheme 2017, a collaboration between the Health Research Board (HRB) and the Medical Research Charities Group (MRCG).
The Alpha One Foundation is committed to encouraging research into alpha-1 antitrypsin deficiency. As we gain more knowledge and understanding about Alpha-1 through research, we come closer to one day finding a cure. For this MRCG-HRB co-funding scheme, we are inviting original research proposals that will lead to a better understanding of one of the most common genetic conditions in Ireland.
Priority will be given to applications that incorporate meaningful public and patient involvement (PPI) in the proposed research projects.
Funding applications are invited for translational research projects focused solely on Alpha-1. The grants available are up to a total of €300k for between 12 to 36 month periods with projects anticipated to begin September 2018.
Full details of the scheme can be found at: http://www.mrcg.ie/go/mrcg_hrb_joint_funding_scheme. It is strongly recommended that prospective applicants read the full MRCG-HRB Application Form and HRB Instructions to Applicants provided on the MRCG website before deciding to proceed.
- Alpha One Foundation call for funding: 6th November, 2017 – 30th November, 2017
- Deadline for submission of full applications: 5pm on Friday, 26th January 2018
- Alpha One Foundation Peer Review phase: November – January 2017
- Alpha One Foundation submits applications to HRB: 12th February 2018
- Right-to Reply Phase: Early – mid February 2018
- Charity Selection Committee: Late Feb – March 2018
- HRB Application Deadline: 9th April 2018
- Joint Funding Committee Meeting: June 2018
- Applicant Notification: July 2018
- Research Project Start Date: From September 2018
For more information please contact email@example.com or phone 01-8093871.