There are just four days to go until the VHI Women’s Mini Marathon which takes place next bank holiday Monday, June 1st at 2pm. As ever we encourage ladies to take part to raise funds and increase awareness for the Alpha One Foundation.
For all those who are registered and taking part next Monday we are planning to meet at 12.45 outside the Shelbourne hotel on Stephen’s Green for a meet up and photos before the race. Hope to see you all there!
The VHI Women’s Mini Marathon is the largest all female event of its kind in the world and the largest one day charity event in Ireland.
- Over 40,000 women participate each year
- 80% of entrants collect money for a charity of their choice
- Approximately €10-14 million is raised for charity each year
- Just under 5% of the female population aged 25-45 years of age participate in the event
- This event is not focused on elite athletes, the majority of participants are joggers and walkers